To monitor standards of the higher educational institutions U. G. C. has established the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) as an autonomous body in September 1994. NAAC is entrusted with the task of performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation of Universities and Colleges in the Country. At the instance of NAAC many institutions have established the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post accreditation quality sustenance activity. The UGC has recognized this initiative and it has taken a policy decision to direct allinstitutions to establish IQACs for which it has decided to provide seed financial assistance.
ROLE OF IQAC COMMITTEE
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/ parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the College.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various activities of the College, leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the HEI for coordinating quality-related activities, including
adoption and dissemination of good practices.
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of
maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the based on the quality
parameters / assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body like NAAC, in the prescribed format.
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of IntegralUnits of HEIs based on the AQAR.